Wednesday, December 12, 2007

thoughts and dreams

Well, after an energetic start, followed by a bout of lethargy, then followed again by the energy that only a good old fashioned deadline can muster, I've managed to finish. Most of the process was simple enough in terms of figuring out the technology. The frustrating part, which I'm sooo going to blame that earlier period of lethargy upon, was the constant sign ups and registrations to multiple web sites, confirmation e-mails, etc. Deadline saw to that though, and after I just bit the bullet and got on with it, it turned out to be a relatively simple process to complete the exercises. The first cut and paste of HTML code into bloggers "insert a page element" function caused a bit of headscratching to begin with, but that also turned out to be quite simple once you'd done it successfully for the first time. A few of the applications from the web 2 awards list proved problematic, but aclelgar said that was probably due to connection speed, rather than bugs or human errors. That made me feel a whol lot less frustrated, and I've still had my interest piqued sufficiently to continue exploring those things at home in my own time. I think there will be a few things that will help me get my blog the way I have wanted to get it, but have never had the know how to do. Overall, despite the few moments of frustration, I've found this exercise to be quite educational, I feel a whole lot more confident of using the new technology, and come the time that the new website goes online, I think I should be knowledgable enough to understand just what in the ding-dang the customers are talking about.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey well done on completing the programme, it sounds like it has been a big learning curve but one that you managed to leap over